We now have an official Youtube-Channel, where you can find interesting highspeed-videos of tests done by IMPETUS.
The official Impetus software Valimat 3.4 is now released.
The actual Impetus software Valimat 3.4b is now available as a beta-version for testing.
There are many new features like
- a token concept for licensing: all the software productsValimat, Fibermap (link), Micromec (link) and their modules are now accessible by using this token concept
- AUTOFIT function: standard material cards can be generated automatically
- Micromec is now implemented as library in Valimat – elastic material properties (for non-isotropic material models) can be automatically calculated based on a micromechanical approach (mean-field-theory of Mori-Tanaka)
- many further material cards are included, also for composites
- further failure models are implemented
- new and easy selection of the correct material card
- the windows resp. tabs inValimat can be moved and reordered for your personal setup
Also there are new hardware features available like
- a new pendulum arm that suits for 50 J
- a new puncture test (link)
Download a more detailed presentation here.
The Impetus software Valimat 3.3b is now available. This is a beta-version for testing. There are many new features like
- the possibility to create a report automatically
- the usage of a template database
- the generation of a material card using a material card template where you can implement values from the data base automatically (e.g. customer, project name, temperature, maximum strain rate, …)
- further material models for metals
The templates and descriptions can be downloaded at the 4a explorer.
The new Impetus pendulum was presented at the European LS-Dyna Conference in Würzburg. Impetus was completely redesigned and now allows impact energies up to 50 Joule. The testing area where the support is located is now larger and accessible from front as well as behind, so handling is now easier. Also there is more place for special component tests. The support was also redesigned and has now the shape analogous to the Charpy test. The distance of the support can be changed very quick and reproducible using 2 screws and 2 fixing pins.