The Impetus software Valimat is a software solution from the test to the material card. The essential characteristics are as follows:
- intuitive GUI
- test and model database system
- evaluation and filter possibilities
- semi automated evaluation for different load cases
- integrated optimization process (LS-Opt(R))
- integrated interfaces to FE-solvers (Abaqus(R), LS-DYNA(R), Pam-Crash(R), Radioss(R))
The GUI is divided into four main areas symbolizing the experimental sequence.
In the first area (above left) all test parameters for the experiment are entered and saved in a data base. In the second area (above right) the experiment is implemented, sensor data are chosen and saved. The zero-point, taring of the signals and the starting speed are determined as basis for the further analysis.
In the third area (below left) different material models are implemented as a starting point for the reverse engineering of the determined test data. Various load cases from the data base can be chosen and combined to create average-valued curves of the different cases. In the forth area (below right) the optimization process (LS-Opt(R)) can be accessed to determine the final outcome, the validated material cards.
An additional menu on the left margin allows a fast access to the most essential functions for the complete process.
The following table shows the functional range of Valimat:
- test plan setting
- performing measurements (only with 4a impetus hardware)
- evaluation of the measurements
- measurement results
- import of external measurement results
- model build up
- material models