The clamped 3-point-bending test is analogue to the free 3-point-bending test with the exception that the test specimen is clamped. It offers two advantages. First it is used to capture failure in uniaxial behavior. Second after a certain displacement the material behavior becomes dominated by tension, so you can use this test to determine the tension/compression-dependency of the material.
Field of application for solid materials:
- optional determination of tension/compression-dependency
- optional investigation of failure of ductile materials with > 20% strain
- test specimen geometry: width of 10 mm, thickness of 2 mm
- velocity of the pendulum: 1 - 4.4 m/s
- support distance: 40 - 50 mm
- support radius 5 mm and fin radius 2 or 5 mm.