The puncture test needs a special support and impactor head. The impactor head can be exchanged with the standard pendulum head by just a few steps. The test plate is clamped in the support. The test procedure is again the same as for the 3-point-bending test. The puncture tests are biaxial with a triaxiality of 0.66, so if failure models have to be regarded this test method helps you generating the failure model. This test method is loosely based on DIN EN ISO 6603-2.
Field of application for solid materials:
- optional investigation of flow behavior under biaxial load
- optional investigation of failure under biaxial load
- test specimen geometry: plate with thickness of 2 mm
- velocity of the pendulum: 1 - 4.4 m/s
- diameter of impactor: 10 mm, 15 mm, 20 mm or 25 mm
- diameter of support plate: 42 mm with radius of 1 mm.